What the PTO is All About
And where exactly do your dues/donations go? As an organization, we support Heartland students and staff in every way we possibly can. We work closely with HRT staff members, including Dr. Sauceda, to learn the school's needs and offer our support wherever we can. Whether it's financial support or organizing events, we make every attempt possible to help out.
Here are just a few things we've done recently with PTO funds...
Supplement online learning subscriptions (IXL, Seesaw, etc.)
Supply each teacher with $100 for beginning-of-the-school year supplies
Provide funding for one bus field trip each year, per class. This year everyone is going to the Wilderness & Science Center
- Organize and fund events like HRT's Carnival & Book Fair, for families, students, and staff.
- Donate funds to subsidize low-income students throughout the year
... and these are just a few of the big things we've been working on this year. Please keep in mind that volunteering is limited, as parents are not allowed in the building. But don't worry, we're working hard to come up with new ideas to support HRT.
Why Join PTO?
The PTO has one goal in mind: to bring parents and staff together with the goal of enriching the child’s, family’s and entire school daily life. If you share that same mindset, then let's join forces!
- Are you creative and need an outlet to let your ideas shine?
- Are you curious about how things work at Heartland and you'd like to get to know HRT staff and administrators?
- Do you want a little bit more of a sneak peek into your child's school life?
- Do you want to feel like you're part of a greater community?
- Are you looking for ways to get involved and be a role model?
... if any of these sound like you, then the PTO is for you. We can especially use more brains to help us find new and creative ways to support our students and HRT staff from the outside looking in!
Please keep in mind...
- The PTO is a non-commercial organization that's sole mission is to support Heartland students and staff.
- We are looking for life-minded individuals to help us find fun and creative ways to safely support the school, while respecting the rules of the school, district, and city. If you are interested in helping out, we're still looking for a VP of FUNDRAISING and a PRESIDENT ELECT. Please reach out if you're interested!
In The News
- Wednesday, August 17
- Thursday, August 18
- Sunday, August 21
- Tuesday, August 23
- Tuesday, September 6
- Wednesday, September 7
- Friday, September 9